Wednesday, December 06, 2006

If you can dream it...

If you can dream it; you can do it.

- Walt Disney

I got to looking at the last few quotes I have posted, and I noticed that I have talked about a lot of negatives in the world. So I need to cheer it up a little. Who else brings more joy and more cheer, than Walt Disney. He changed the world with his wit, charisma and optimism. Walt was the eternal optimist.

Most people don't know it, but Walt was bankrupt by the time he was 21 years old. Yet he had a dream. He put everything he owned on the line more than once. His first attempts at animation were moderately successful at best. But he never gave up, he kept the dream alive. Then in the summer of 1928, Mickey Mouse was born. It was then that Walt's dream came true. With the birth of Mickey, the world was changed. Today, kids and adults alike all over the world recognize Mickey Mouse.

The great thing about Walt was, once he realized his dream, the dream just got bigger! After numerous successful feature films, he open Disneyland in 1955. And the dream just got bigger! He opened Walt Disney World in October of 1971. These two parks have had hundreds of millions of visitors since.

His name has come to mean different things, Imagination, Creation, Optimism, and good ol' American made Success.

In other words, don't stop dreaming, it CAN become a reality!

No comments: